Due to technical difficulties, all Medical Marijuana online applications will be unavailable until 8AM, Tuesday, March 11th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Licensed Midwifery Advisory Committee
Online Meeting: Midwife Training on Reporting Requirements
When: April 22, 2014, 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Primary Dial-In: 1-888-850-4523, Passcode: 290051
Please join 15 minutes before the start time. Prepare your PC ahead of time.
The Licensed Midwifery Advisory Committee (LMAC) established pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code Title 9, Chapter 16, Article 1 §R9-16-117 is composed of the following individuals:
|Jennifer Bass||Licensed Midwife|
|Carol Denny||Licensed Midwife|
|Francisco Garcia||Physician – OB/GYN|
|Mary Henderson||Licensed Midwife|
|Paula Matthew||Licensed Midwife|
|Elizabeth Morton||Member of the Public|
|Jeanne Stagner||Certified Nurse Midwife|
|Roy Teramoto||Ex-Officio (MD-Pediatrics)|
|Thomas Salow, JD||ADHS Branch Chief – Non-medical Licensing|
|Pragathi Tummala, MPH||Bureau Chief - Special Licensing|
|Don Gibson, MPA||Licensing Team Lead – Special Licensing|
|Pat Glass, RN||Licensing Surveyor – Midwifery Licensing Unit|
The LMAC scope of work includes the following activities:
- Development of content for various forms to be used by licensees;
- Reviewing research and making recommendations for the development of practice guidelines for licensees;
- Reviewing licensee reports as part of the on-going peer review process;
- Reviewing morbidity reports as part of the sentinel event review process, and
- Development of an annual report upon review of data collected through the previous year (to begin in 2015 using the information collected from July 1, 2013 through July 1, 2014).
Pursuant to HB2247, Laws 2012, § 1(B), the following reports are now posted for consideration by the Midwifery Scope of Practice Advisory Committee and other interested parties:
- Midwifery Scope of Practice Report (submitted by Licensed Midwives)
- Midwifery Scope of Practice Report (submitted by the Consumer Group)
Scope of Practice Advisory Committee Historical Information
- June 3, 2013 Meeting: Agenda | Watch Recorded Meeting
- May 15, 2013 Meeting: Agenda | Minutes | Watch Recorded Meeting
- April 3, 2013 Meeting: Agenda | Minutes | Watch Recorded Meeting
- February 11, 2013 Meeting: Agenda | Minutes | Watch Recorded Meeting | #azmidwives Twitter Chat
- January 14, 2013 Meeting: Agenda | Minutes | Watch Recorded Meeting
- December 17, 2012 Meeting: Agenda | Minutes | Watch Recorded Meeting
- November 27, 2012 Meeting: Agenda | Minutes
All of the Licensing of Midwifery draft rules, including the draft informed consent form and draft reporting form, are available for review on the Licensing of Midwifery Rules page.
Note: Agendas, minutes, presentations, and comments are provided in PDF files.