Due to scheduled maintenance at the state datacenter, all ADHS online services will be unavailable from 10:30pm Saturday, January 18th, until 6:30am Sunday, January 19th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Speech & Hearing Licensing
The Department will administer the next Practical part of the Hearing Aid Dispenser Licensing Examination on April 15th or 16th, 2014. To register, send a completed Hearing Aid Dispenser by EXAMINATION application, attention to Don Gibson-Team Lead. The Bureau of Special Licensing must receive your application by close-of-business on Friday February 28th, 2014. Only 32 slots (16 each day) are available and those slots will be filled in order of COMPLETE applications received. The next administration of the Practical part of this exam will be some time in October 2014
If you have questions, please email our Technical Assistance team at OSL TA Requests.
For the Practical Examination, you must bring the following items:
- Otoscope (incl. speculum and ensure working order)
- Impression syringe (your preference whether manual or cartridge system)
- Impression material sufficient for one full ear impression (your preference whether manual or cartridge system)
- Otoblocks/otodams that can accommodate a variety of ear canal sizes (cotton or foam are acceptable)
- Impression box for packing/shipping
- You may bring whatever additional materials or equipment needed that you use to accomplish this task. (e.g. Otolight/Earlight, Sanitizer/Gloves, spare batteries)
You must bring your own complete kit of the above items. You will not be permitted to share or borrow materials from another examinee once the exam has started. You are responsible to ensure everything in your kit is in working order and all necessary operating components are present such as speculum or cartridge tips.
If you have any other questions regarding the Hearing Aid Dispensing exam, it is best if you send an email with your questions to OSL TA Requests. You may also call our Bureau at 602-364-2079.