Speech & Hearing Licensing
Updated March 16, 2015: The next reserved dates for the department-designated Practical Examination for Fitting and Dispensing Hearing Aids in Arizona are: Friday, June 19, 2015 and Monday, June 22, 2015. Applicants who are approved to take the Written exam, and intend to be part of the June cohort, must take and pass the IHS-ILE-HHP no later than Saturday, June 6th, 2015.
If you have questions, please email our Technical Assistance team at OSL TA Requests.
For the Practical Examination, you must bring the following items:
- Otoscope (incl. speculum and ensure working order)
- Impression syringe (your preference whether manual or cartridge system)
- Impression material sufficient for one full ear impression (your preference whether manual or cartridge system)
- Otoblocks/otodams that can accommodate a variety of ear canal sizes (cotton or foam are acceptable)
- Impression box for packing/shipping
- You may bring whatever additional materials or equipment needed that you use to accomplish this task. (e.g. Otolight/Earlight, Sanitizer/Gloves, spare batteries)
You must bring your own complete kit of the above items. You will not be permitted to share or borrow materials from another examinee once the exam has started. You are responsible to ensure everything in your kit is in working order and all necessary operating components are present such as speculum or cartridge tips.
If you have any other questions regarding the Hearing Aid Dispensing exam, it is best if you send an email with your questions to OSL TA Requests. You may also call our Bureau at 602-364-2079.