Arizona State Hospital
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Show All
- Hide All
- Print All
Click on the question to view the answer.
Are there regular visiting hours for the campus?
Most visits can be accommodated at all programs by appointment or during regular visiting hours. To schedule an appointment, please email our social worker team. Regular visiting hours for the campus are:
- Civil Hospital
- 8:00am to 8:00pm daily or by appointment
- Forensic Hospital
- Tuesdays and Thursday evenings - 6 p.m. to 8 pm.
- Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays - 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Holidays include any state, federal or major religious holiday.
- Visitation for children will be the second, third, and fourth Saturday of each month during regular visiting hours. Visitation for children will be limited to two one-hour visits per patient per month.
- Daily from 9:00am to 11:00am; 1:00pm to 3:00pm; and 6:30pm to 8:30pm or by appointment
Are there any rules to visitation?
Some areas of the campus have specific visitation rules due to security or treatment related requirements. Please contact the social worker at least 48 hours prior to your first visit so the rules can be explained and to avoid any delays or inconveniences when arriving on campus.
Do I need my identification?
All visitors over 18 years of age should present a legal form of photo identification prior to each visitation.
Can I bring gifts for my family member or friend?
Gifts are allowed however they should not contain any item determined contraband or harmful to the patient's treatment by the facility. All gifts will be searched prior to the patient receiving the gift. Items not allowed will be returned to the visitor immediately and must be placed in a locker or in the visitor's vehicle prior to visitation occurring. If a patient has too many items to be safely stored at the facility future gifts may be restricted or limited. It is highly recommended that visitors contact the social worker in advance to discuss the gift prior to bringing it to the facility.
Will my visit be monitored?
Visitation may be monitored depending on the program or individual circumstances.
How do I arrange a visit with my family member or friend?
To visit a patient you should first be registered as an approved visitor. To become an approved visitor please contact the unit social worker or the social work department for more information at 602-220-6446 or 877-588-5163.