Due to scheduled maintenance at the state datacenter, all ADHS online services will be unavailable from 10:30pm Saturday, January 18th, until 6:30am Sunday, January 19th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Arizona State Hospital
Family Support/Education Group
Welcome to our new Family Support/Education Group Website. This new group designed specifically for family and friends of our current patients had its first support/education group June 13, 2013. The groups will be held the second Thursday of every month from 5:30pm – 6:30pm on the civil campus of the Arizona State Hospital.
Please browse this website for the list of future topics presented by hospital staff and our partners in the community, educational handouts, and links to community resources. We welcome your feedback and contact us if needed at FamilySupport@azdhs.gov. If you can’t attend the group in person, we welcome your participation telephonically and have included the conference call information.
- Patient Family Visitation FAQs
- National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI) Information
- NAMI Arizona
- NAMI Arizona Statewide Family Support Groups
Contact the coordinator of this group:
Phone number: 1-877-820-7831
Directions: Dial the phone number above, when prompted enter the passcode to join the conference call.
- March 13, 2014 - Patient Benefits
- February 13, 2014 - Rehabilitation Services
- January 9, 2014 - Substance Abuse
- December 12, 2013 - Depression and the Holiday Blues
- November 14, 2013 - Road to Recovery with Patient Presentation
- October 10, 2013 - Cancelled
- September 12, 2013 – Borderline Personality Disorder
- August 8, 2013 – Community Resources/Role of RHBAs
- July 11, 2013 – Schizophrenia
- June 13, 2013 – Intro + Care for the Caregiver
Upcoming Meeting Topics
- Policies & Procedures - April 10, 2014
- Psychiatric Medications - May 8, 2014
- Spiritual Services - June 12, 2014