Due to scheduled maintenance by the Arizona Department of Administration to the state datacenter, azdhs.gov and related services will be unavailable from 10:00 p.m. Friday, November 15, until 10:00 a.m. Saturday, November 16. Thank you for your patience.
Resources for Dispatchers and Call-Takers
Studies and Articles
- 9-1-1 Dispatchers Turn Focus to Cardiac Arrest
- Saving Lives from Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Your Community
- Dispatcher-Assisted CPR: What You Need to Know
- A Scientific Statement from the American Heart Association: Emergency Medical Service Dispatch Cardiopulmonary Pre-Arrival Instructions to Improve Survival from Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest. January, 2012.
- Public safety dispatchers enlist public to save lives. Arizona Republic. Nov. 9, 2011
- CPR with Chest Compression Alone or with Rescue Breathing. The New England Journal of Medicine, July 2010
- Compression-Only CPR or Standard CPR in Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest. The New England Journal of Medicine, July 2010
- Dispatcher-Assisted CPR for Patients Not in Cardiac Arrest
- Dispatcher-Assisted CPR and Survival in Cardiac Arrest
- Report on Suspected Cardiac Arrest Audio Recordings, February 2, 2012
- Telephone-Assisted CPR QA Evaluation
Sample CPR Protocols
Note: Files are PDF format unless otherwise stated.