Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Information
Register Your AED(s) with SHARE
By registering your Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) with the Save Hearts in Arizona Registry & Education (SHARE) Program, you will receive:
- Physician oversight (free of charge); oversight required by statute: A.R.S. 36-2262
- Assistance with your AED program, if needed
By registering with the SHARE Program, you must agree to the SHARE Program requirements listed below:
- Train as many potential users as possible and ensure trainees know to call 911 as soon as possible during an emergency (keep training records to submit if requested).
- Submit a report (AED Use Form) to the Bureau of Emergency Medical Services and Trauma System, Arizona Department of Health Services, within five working days after an AED is used - required by statute: A.R.S. 36-2262.
- Provide name and contact information for medical director if other than the AZ SHARE Medical Director.
- Maintain AEDs in a "ready to operate" state adhering to manufacturer recommended maintenance, required updates, and battery/electrode replacement. (It is the owner's responsibility to check their AED(s) regularly for readiness and to replace batteries/electrodes according to the manufacturer's recommendations.)
- SHARE AED Registration Agreement Conditions
- Register AED(s) Online and Report a Use
- How Many AEDs Do I Need?
- AED Posters
- Arizona AED Statutes
Includes: A.R.S. § 36-2261 - Definitions; A.R.S. § 36-2262 - AEDs; training; use; requirements; A.R.S. § 36-2263 - Civil liability, limited immunity, and good samaritan; and A.R.S. § 36-2264 - Exemption from regulation.
- Arizona Good Samaritan Law
- AED Policy Suggestions
- AED Sample Policy
- SHARE Condensed Curriculum
- CCC-CPR/AED training outline
- Sample Mock Drill
- Training Videos
- Sample AED Maintenance Check List
Customer Service: 1-800-426-0337
get or update your Cardiac Science software
Customer Service: 1-866-478-7463
Customer Service: 1-800-722-9377
Instructions for downloading AED event data
Customer Service: 1-800-442-1142