Due to technical difficulties, all Medical Marijuana online applications will be unavailable until 8AM, Tuesday, March 11th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Bureau of Emergency Medical Services & Trauma System
Message From The Director
- Director’s Blog “What is Community Paramedicine?”
What is Community Paramedicine?
“Community paramedicine is a locally designed, community-based, collaborative model of care that leverages the skills of paramedics and EMS systems to address care gaps identified through a community-specific needs assessment.” (UC Davis CP Report)
Why Community Paramedicine?
- An appropriate use of available emergency care resources
- CDC Report – “Emergency Room Use Among Adults Aged 18–64”
- Health Affairs article – “Many Emergency Department Visits Could Be Managed At Urgent Care Centers And Retail Clinics”
- Quality Improvement: Increased access to primary and preventive care.
- Capacity Development: Enhanced opportunities for emergency personnel skills development.