ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Bureau of Emergency Medical Services & Trauma System
Message From The Director
- Director’s Blog “What is Community Paramedicine?”
What is Community Paramedicine?
“Community paramedicine is a locally designed, community-based, collaborative model of care that leverages the skills of paramedics and EMS systems to address care gaps identified through a community-specific needs assessment.” (UC Davis CP Report)
Why Community Paramedicine?
- An appropriate use of available emergency care resources
- CDC Report – “Emergency Room Use Among Adults Aged 18–64”
- Health Affairs article – “Many Emergency Department Visits Could Be Managed At Urgent Care Centers And Retail Clinics”
- Quality Improvement: Increased access to primary and preventive care.
- Capacity Development: Enhanced opportunities for emergency personnel skills development.