Due to scheduled maintenance by the Arizona Department of Administration to the state datacenter, azdhs.gov and related services will be unavailable from 10:00 p.m. Friday, November 15, until 10:00 a.m. Saturday, November 16. Thank you for your patience.
Bureau of Emergency Medical Services & Trauma System
Arizona Prehospital Information & EMS Registry System (AZ-PIERS)
AZ-PIERS is Arizona’s FREE pre-hospital data registry that gives its EMS agencies the ability to generate and transmit electronic Patient Care Records (ePCRs) at the scene, in the hospital or at the station. AZ-PIERS is National EMS Information System (NEMSIS) Version 2.2.1 Gold Compliant and accepts any other programs meeting this criteria. This system will allow the state insight on Pre-Hospital EMS care and lead to improvements in outcomes and the trauma system as a whole.
Arizona State Bridge
- AZ-PIERS Data Dictionary
- AZ-PIERS Required and Optional Elements
- Additional Definitions
- Validity Rules Comparison
- AZ-PIERS Validation Rules
- AZ-PIERS EMS Application
- AZ-PIERS Hospital Application
- AZ-PIERS Training School Application
- AZ-PIERS Combined Application
AZ-PIERS Registry Users Group (EMSRUG) Meetings
- Friday, January 11, 2013; 9:30 - 11:30 am, ADHS 540-A Conference Room - Agenda | Minutes
- Monday, April 29, 2013 from 9:30am – 11:30am, ADHS 540-A Conference Room - Agenda | Minutes
- Monday, July 29, 2013 from 9:30am – 11:30am, ADHS 540-A Conference Room - Agenda | Minutes
- Monday, October 28, 2013 from 9:30am – 11:30am, ADHS 540-A Conference Room
- April 9 or 10, 2013 Training Class Schedule
- June 17, 2013 - Webinar "Development and Customization of reports" at 1-3 pm
- June 24, 2013 - Webinar "Using QA/QI" at 9-11 am
- June 26, 2013 - Webinar "Layout Editor and Agency Set-Up" at 1-3 pm
- June 27, 2013 - Webinar "Hospital Dashboard" at 11-12 pm
- July 23, 2013 - Webinar "Development and Customization of reports" at 9-11 am
- July 25, 2013 - Webinar "Using QA/QI" at 1-3 pm
- July 30, 2013 - Webinar "Layout Editor and Agency Set-Up" at 9-11 am
- August 14-15 In person ImageTrend Training - 8/14 Agenda | 8/15 Agenda
NEMSIS: The National EMS Information System (NEMSIS) was established to help states develop standardized elements for pre-hospital data. This database provides insight into EMS information on a local, state, and national level. NEMSIS protects your data to the same extent as the state and is protected against subpoena and discoverability. Arizona’s participation helps to develop nationwide EMS training material, improve outcomes for patients, collaborate with research, and allocate additional resources.
See Data Requests & DQA Policies for more information.
Note: Information provided in PDF format unless otherwise noted.