Due to scheduled maintenance by the Arizona Department of Administration to the state datacenter, azdhs.gov and related services will be unavailable from 10:00 p.m. Friday, November 15, until 10:00 a.m. Saturday, November 16. Thank you for your patience.
Division of Behavioral Health Services
Child Protective Services
The mission of the child welfare system is to ensure children experience safety, permanency, and well-being. This mandate is supported through strong partnerships between child welfare and the public behavioral health system to provide rapid behavioral health screening, assessment, and treatment services to referred children and families.
- Arizona Department of Economic Security/Division of Children, Youth and Families (DES/DCYF)
- DES/DCYF policy manual
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Program
- Psychotropic Medication: A Guide for CPS Specialists and Licensed Caregivers
- DES/DCYF Pamphlet Guidelines for Caregivers: Are you Prepared for Your Child's Psychiatric Evaluation?
English | Español
- Arizona Department of Health Services, Division of Behavioral Health Services (ADHS/DBHS)
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP)
- Making Health Choices: A Guide on Psychotropic Medications for Youth in Foster Care
- Psychotropic Medication Use in the Foster Care Population in Arizona