Due to scheduled maintenance at the state datacenter, all ADHS online services will be unavailable from 10:30pm Saturday, January 18th, until 6:30am Sunday, January 19th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Division of Behavioral Health Services
Office of Prevention
The Office of Prevention provides tools, resources and technical support to promote the resiliency and prevention of behavioral health/substance abuse disorders in our communities. Our goal is to empower communities to make healthy choices.
Our office staff works cooperatively with community groups to:
- Collaborate with Arizona’s prevention workforce, including the Tribal/Regional Behavioral Health Authorities, Government entities, local communities and other stakeholders on developing state wide prevention services
- Strategically reduce substance abuse and suicide rates;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of prevention programs
Prevention Services Manager: Lisa Shumaker (602) 364-4594
24-Hour Crisis Hotlines:
- 1-800-SUICIDE – HopeLine Suicide Hotline (National)
- 1-800-273-TALK or 1-800-273-8255 National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (National)
Suicide/Crisis Hotlines by County:
- 480-784-1500 (Maricopa County)
- 1-800-769-6762 or 520-622-6000 (Pima County)
- 1-800-586-9161 (Graham, Greenlee, Cochise and Santa Cruz Counties)
- 1-800-259-3449 (Gila River and Ak-Chin Indian Communities)
- 1-866-495-6735 (Yuma, LaPaz, Pinal and Gila Counties)
- 1-877-756-4090 (Mohave, Coconino, Apache, Navajo and Apache Counties)
- National Prevention Week, May 20-26, 2012
- Early Identification and Referral Form (EIRF) - If you are a trained gatekeeper or reporting data for a hospital, please fill out the Early Identification and Referral Form.
- FDA has launched a new website with educational resources on tobacco regulation: www.fda.gov/BreakTheChain
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) conference "Blending Addiction Science and Practice: Evidence-Based Treatment and Prevention in Diverse Populations and Settings" - April 22-23, 2010 in Albuquerque, NM