Division of Behavioral Health Services

Mental Health Resources for Service Members, Veterans & Military Families

Military veterans seeking treatment for depression, substance abuse, post-traumatic stress disorder or other behavioral health issues have a variety of options for accessing care.

If in a crisis, please call a crisis line right away!

If you're looking for a referral in Arizona, or anywhere in the nation, call 1-800-662-HELP which offers 24-hour free and confidential information (in English and Spanish) on substance use disorder issues and referral to treatment.

Service members and veterans with health insurance can contact their health insurance company for a referral to behavioral health service providers, such as a psychiatrist or medication addiction specialist. They can also contact the Veterans Administration.

Those seeking help for problems related to substance abuse or mental illness can contact their local regional behavioral health authority or a tribal behavioral health authority.

Members of a federally-recognized Tribal Nation can also contact Indian Health Services.