Developmental Screening & Flouride Varnish Training
On August 1, 2014, AHCCCS began reimbursing qualified medical professionals for performing the services listed below with proof of certification. All qualified medical professionals must provide proof of certification to the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH). The CAQH fax cover sheet should be used to send the required documentation of your completed training to CAQH. Please use the code 014, Formal Post-Graduate Training Certificates, when providing your documentation. The health plans that you contract with will use the CAQH data base to conduct random audits to ensure provider compliance with the AHCCCS training requirement. Certificates dated before August 1, 2014 will be accepted.
Parents' Evaluation of Developmental Status (PEDS)
- Location - Arizona PediaLearning Resource Center
- Description - Users "click through" a slideshow presentation. After the last slide, you will be prompted to complete a post test. Finally, a certificate is generated for you to print for your records.
- Schedule - This online training is available 24 hours a day.
- Fee - This training is provided by the Arizona Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AzAAP) for a fee of $30.00.
Providers may also submit certificates they completed PEDS Tool training sponsored by one of the following organizations:
- American Academy of Pediatrics (or any of its State Chapters)
- American Academy of Family Physicians (or any of its State Chapters)
- American Osteopathic Medical Association (or any of its State Chapters)
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (or any of its State Chapters)
- American Nurses Association (or any of its State Chapters)
- American Academy of Physician's Assistants (or any of its State Chapters)
Submit your certificate to CAQH
Bill using CPT Code 99188 (Application of Fluoride Varnish by a Physician). As of April 1, 2015, D1206 can no longer be used by medical providers and if used, will result in claim denials.