Conference & Meeting Presentations
Statewide Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (RMSF) Meeting 2013
Hon-Dah Resort and Casino, White Mountain Apache Reservation, Pinetop, AZ.
December 3rd, 2013, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The meeting included:
- RMSF Tribal Updates
- RMSF Statewide Activities from 2013
- Sustainability and Planning Discussion: How to Move Forward?
- Keynote Address - Dr. Ty Reidhead, Chief Medical Officer, Phoenix Area HIS Powerpoint | PDF
- A Good Reason to Smile! No Evidence of Tooth Staining in Kids Treated with Doxycycline - Suzanne Todd, Epidemic Intelligence Service Officer, Rickettsial Zoonoses Branch, CDC PDF
- Lessons Learned from the Field: Choosing a Collar and Pesticide - Justin Gerding, Environmental Health Specialist, CDC; Jennifer McQuiston, Epidemiology Team Leader, Rikettsial Zoonoses Branch, CDC Powerpoint | PDF
- Sustainable Tick Control: Conclusions from Two Years of the RMSF Rodeo - Naomi Drexler, Surveillance and Health Communications Officer, Rikettsial Zoonoses Branch, CDC Powerpoint | PDF
- Taking RMSF Prevention Reservation-wide: Challenges an Lessons Learned from San Carlos - Anne Susan, Acting Manager, Epidemiology Department, SCAT; Harty Bendle, San Carlos Apache Tribe, Animal Control Officer Field Supervisor, SCAT; Cye Goseyun, San Carlos Apache Tribe, Animal Control Officer, SCAT Powerpoint | PDF
- The Need for Constant Vigilance: Lessons Learned from a Recent Fatal Case of RMSF - Holly Biggs, Epidemic Intelligence Service Officer, Rikettsial Zoonoses Branch, CDC; Candice Williams, Epidemic Intelligence Service Officer, Arizona Department of Health Services; Maricopa County Department of Public Health; CDC This presentation is not available.
- The Wildfire Approach for RMSF: Shifting from "Emergency Response" to "Always Prepared" - Jennifer McQuiston, Epidemiology Team Leader, Rikettsial Zoonoses Branch, CDC Powerpoint | PDF
- Statewide RMSF Plan (Draft)
Please contact Kristen Herrick at 602-364-0873.
- Arizona Department of Health Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Indian Health Services
A special thanks to the White Mountain Apache Tribe for sponsoring the conference room at HonDah Casino and Resort and for the continental breakfast. Thank you to the Inter-Tribal Council of Arizona for sponsoring the afternoon refreshments.