Due to technical difficulties, all Medical Marijuana online applications will be unavailable until 8AM, Tuesday, March 11th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Early Care and Education (ECE) Providers are in a special position to empower young children to learn habits that can keep them healthy for life. ADHS developed the Empower Program in 2010 as a voluntary program to support licensed ECE facilities’ efforts to empower young children to grow up healthy.
Today, the Empower Program reaches more than 200,000 children in licensed early care and education facilities throughout Arizona. Empower has won numerous awards for being a best practice; most recently, the program received the Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs (AMCHP) National Best Practice Award.
News and Publications
- Grants Available for Out-of-School Time Programs
- Enter the SunWise Drawing Contest!
- Upcoming Empower Regional Trainings
- Empower Guidebook, Second Edition
- New Empower Facilities Standards (Effective July 1, 2013)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Arizona Chapter, Family Checklist for a Healthy Child Care Facility
- Empowering Habits, Empowering Lives: Superheroes in Action Conference Presentations