Due to scheduled maintenance by the Arizona Department of Administration to the state datacenter, azdhs.gov and related services will be unavailable from 10:00 p.m. Friday, November 15, until 10:00 a.m. Saturday, November 16. Thank you for your patience.
First Things First Early Childhood Therapist Incentives Programs
For a therapist to be eligible for the FTF Early Childhood Therapist Incentives Programs (Loan Repayment or Stipend), the therapist must meet the requirements below AND his/her service area or therapy clinic must also meet the Service Eligibility requirements. The therapist must fulfill the following requirements in order to be eligible:
- Be licensed to practice in Arizona as a Speech/Language Pathologist, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Clinical Psychologist, or Mental Health Specialists (i.e. LPC and LCSW)
- Must be a United States citizen or qualified alien;
- Have a valid offer of employment from an eligible employer (see service area eligibility requirements);
- Provide developmentally appropriate services for a minimum of 30 hours per week serving birth through age five at eligible regional council zip code(s);
- The program will only consider NEW therapists meeting the following definitions:
- A graduate of an accredited therapy program within the past 18 months (Master's Level SLPs in their Clinical Fellowship Year may qualify)
- A therapist who has not previously contracted to serve children birth through 5 in an eligible region and meets required standards
- A therapist who has recently moved or begun providing services (within the past six months) to an eligible region to serve children birth through 5 (i.e. out-of-state or returning therapists)
- Other eligibility requirements
Note: Applicants who wish to be considered for the First Things First Loan Repayment or Stipend or both must verify that his/her employer or therapy clinic or area is eligible first prior to submitting an application. Check if the service area zip code(s) or therapy clinic is eligible.