Health Disparities Center
The AHDC is dedicated to increasing the awareness, understanding and use of Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) Standards in healthcare settings throughout Arizona. CLAS Standards in Health and Health Care are intended to advance health equity, improve quality and help eliminate health care disparities.
National CLAS Standards
The National CLAS Standards were enhanced in April 2013 and the Standards’ conceptualization of culture, audience, health, and recipients were expanded. Visit the National CLAS Standards website for more information.
- CLAS Standards Online Training – Continuing Education Credits available
- Implementing CLAS Standards and Improving Cultural Competency and Language Access - A Practical Toolkit
- Arizona Cultural & Linguistic Competency Technical Assistance Resource Kit
- Manual for Non-English Written Materials and Translations
- Training and Technical Assistance
- The AHDC provides training and technical assistance on CLAS Standards. For more information on these services, please contact Hong Chartrand