Due to scheduled maintenance by the Arizona Department of Administration to the state datacenter, azdhs.gov and related services will be unavailable from 10:00 p.m. Friday, November 15, until 10:00 a.m. Saturday, November 16. Thank you for your patience.
Well Woman HealthCheck Program
To qualify for the Well Woman HealthCheck Program, you must:
- Be a woman
- Be a resident of Arizona
- Be uninsured or underinsured (have insurance that does not cover the services offered by the WWHP or have a co-pay of $100 or more for breast and cervical cancer screening)
- Not have Medicare Part B
- Not be enrolled in AHCCCS (Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System)
- For breast cancer screening, be 40 -65 (or any age 21 and over if you have symptoms, such as pain, a lump, nipple discharge, an inverted nipple, etc.) and not recently diagnosed with breast cancer
- For cervical cancer screening, be 21-65 and not recently diagnosed with cervical cancer
- Not exceed the household income guidelines described below.
Underinsured is defined as:
- Having health insurance that does not cover cancer screening or diagnostic services.
- Being a Medicare beneficiary and not having Part B.
- Having health insurance that does not provide coverage for breast or cervical cancer screening.
- Having health insurance with an annual deductible, monthly spend down, or co-payment that is high enough to prevent you from obtaining cancer screening services. (High deductible as determined by the WWHP. Please contact the WWHP for additional information.)
Eligible program clients have income levels between 100 and 250 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). If your income is below 100% of the FPL you may be eligible for screening services through AHCCCS. Childless women that are below 100% of the FPL are also now eligible for the Well Woman HealthCheck program. The current FPL income guidelines are shown in the table below.
|For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $4,020 for each additional person.|
If you meet the eligibility requirements for the Well Woman HealthCheck Program, you may also be eligible for free colon cancer screening and diagnostic services through the FIT at Fifty HealthCheck Program (FFHP). Please ask a patient navigator about the FFHP if you are interested in enrolling.
For additional questions regarding eligibility, or to enroll, please contact a program facility near you.