Due to technical difficulties, all Medical Marijuana online applications will be unavailable until 8AM, Tuesday, March 11th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Arizona Loan Repayment Program
Eligibility – Providers
To be eligible for an award, an applicant must:
- Be a U. S. citizen
- Be an allopathic (MD) or osteopathic (DO) physician in the field of family practice, pediatrics, obstetrics, or internal medicine; or a dentist, nurse practitioner, certified nurse midwife, or physician assistant who provides primary care services
- Have completed the final year of a course of study or program or hold a current AZ license or certificate in good standing
- If a physician, shall have completed a professional residency program in a primary health care specialty, and be board certified or eligible to sit for the certifying examination in the specialty
- Provide evidence of current or prospective employment with an eligible site
- Agree to contract with ADHS to serve full-time, 40 hours per week, at an approved service site for a minimum of two years
- Agree, with the exception of OB/GYN and registered nurse midwives, to work at least 32 of the minimum 40 hours per week providing clinical services in the ambulatory setting at the approved service site during normally scheduled office hours. For an OB/GYN practitioner or RN midwife, agree that not less than 21 hours per week shall be spent providing ambulatory care services during normally scheduled office hours
- Agree to charge for professional services at the usual and customary rates prevailing in the area, except that a patient unable to pay the charge shall be charged at a reduced rate or not charged at a reduced rate according to the service site’s sliding fee scale based on poverty level
- Agree not to discriminate on the basis of the patient's ability to pay for care or the source of payment
- Agree to provide services to Medicare and AHCCCS beneficiaries
- Have completely satisfied any other service obligation owed under an agreement with a federal (e.g., an active military obligation or a National Health Service Corps Program obligation), a State (e.g., Scholarship Program obligation) or local government, or other entity, prior to beginning a period of service under this program
- Eligible applicants must provide a valid Certificate of Insurance for the loan repayment contract to be fully effective.
The following are not eligible to participate:
- A primary care provider who has breached a health professional services contract with a federal, state, or local government or another entity;
- A primary care provider against whose property there is a judgment lien for a debt to the United States; and
- A primary care provider who is in a for-profit practice.