ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Arizona J-1 Visa Waiver Program
Eligibility Requirements – Physicians
The Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) J-1 Visa Waiver Program supports waivers for J-1 physicians ready to practice in federally designated Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA), Medically Underserved Areas (MUA), or Medically Underserved Populations (MUP). A J-1 physician's application is considered only if his/her service site is also eligible.
The J-1 physician must meet the following requirements to be eligible for consideration for a waiver recommendation from ADHS:
- Be Arizona licensed or eligible for an Arizona medical license in the following disciplines:
- Primary Care Physicians
- Psychiatrists in mental health HPSAs
- Specialists when an exceptional need for the specialty is substantiated
- Provide services in a federally designated HPSA, MUA, or MUP
- Have a valid offer of full-time (40 hours per week) employment or contract to work at an eligible service site for at least three years
The Program does not support waivers for J-1 physicians in research positions or practicing in long-term care facilities, chronic care facilities, or rehabilitation facilities.