Due to technical difficulties, all Medical Marijuana online applications will be unavailable until 8AM, Tuesday, March 11th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Arizona J-1 Visa Waiver Program
Required Documents - Requirements after Receiving a J-1 Waiver
The Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) will monitor all J-1 waiver physicians obligated through the Arizona J-1 Visa Waiver Program for compliance to program requirements.
The J-1 Waiver physician MUST submit the following documents immediately to ADHS once available:
- Copy of the H1B approval notice from USCIS
- Updated contact information including Arizona address, phone number, and email address (if different from the information on the application)
- Copy of Arizona Medical License (if not included in the application)
- Start date of service (Date that the J-1 Waiver physician will start providing services full time 40 hours per week at the approved service site)
The J-1 Waiver physician must comply with the following requirements throughout the duration of the J-1 Waiver obligation.
- Must begin service within 90 days after receiving a J-1 waiver
- Must submit the required quarterly encounter report form – within ten (10) business days after the end of each calendar quarter.
- For the first encounter report, the start date must be the actual date when full time service begins.
- For the last encounter report, the end date must be the end date of J-1 service obligation.
- Must notify ADHS in writing prior to any changes to his/her employment status, including but not limited to transferring to a different service site – or adding a service site to an existing approved site – and must submit the required paperwork for ADHS’ review and consideration
- Must receive a written confirmation from ADHS that the new service site meets the program’s service site eligibility requirements
- Must provide a copy of the H1B approval notice for each H1B amendment petition filed with USCIS
- Must notify ADHS in writing about any significant service gaps due to maternity, vacation, extended sick leave or FMLA, etc.
- Must complete the required three (3) years of service
ADHS will not issue a service completion letter for any J-1 Waiver physicians identified as having ongoing or unresolved compliance issues.