ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
NURSE Corps Scholarship Program
Looking for volunteer opportunities for healthcare professionals? The Arizona Emergency System for the Advance Registration of Volunteer Health Professionals (AZ-ESAR-VHP) is a secure, Web-based system used to register, qualify and credential Arizona health care professionals before a major public health or medical emergency.
The NURSE Corps Scholarship Program (NSP) enables students accepted or enrolled in a diploma, associate, baccalaureate or graduate nursing programs (including RN to BSN Bridge Program) to receive funding for tuition, fees and other educational costs in exchange for service after graduation working at an eligible Critical Shortage Facility located in a federally designated Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA).
The NURSE Corps Scholarship Program pays:
- Eligible fees
- Other reasonable costs, such as books, clinical supplies/instruments, and uniforms
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses
What are Critical Shortage Facilities?
Nurse Corps members work at many different types of public or private nonprofit Critical Shortage Facilities located in a designated mental health or primary care Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA). Those include:
- Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Critical Access Hospitals
- Disproportionate Share Hospitals
- Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and FQHC Look-Alike
- Home Health Agency
- Hospice Program
- Indian Health Service Health Center
- Native Hawaiian Health Center
- Non-Disproportionate Share Hospitals
- Nursing Home
- Public Hospital
- Rural Health Clinic
- Skilled Nursing Facility
- State or Local Public Health or Human Services Department
For more information, please visit the federal Nurse Corps Scholarship Program.
- NURSE Corps Scholarship Program Fact Sheet
- NURSE Corps Scholarship Application and Program Guidance
- Sign up to receive an email when the next application cycle opens.
For technical assistance on becoming a NURSE Corps provider or for any other technical assistance needs about the program, please email the Workforce Programs.