Information Technology Services
The Information Technology Services (IT) organization provides the agency with secure, highly available computing infrastructure in support of business needs. They are responsible for working with the agency to align the organization's technology strategy and service delivery methods with ADHS' strategy and policy and to obtain the best value from information technology investments. The technology services provided include: local and wide area networks, server and desktop computing, application development and maintenance, agency website development and support, data management, help desk, end user support, and information security.
- IT Vision
Provide the Department with secure, highly available, agile, and mobile information technology services.
- IT Mission
Work with agency stakeholders and external partners to identify emerging technologies and best practices, and apply them to departmental business needs.
- IT Goals - 2012
- 1. Leverage technology to achieve agency priorities
- 2. Develop innovative strategies for health integration
- 3. Build awareness of Public Health value
- 4. Implement a policy framework that improves agency effectiveness
- 5. Prepare for & respond to Public Health emergencies
- 6. Strengthen existing Public Health partnerships
- IT Organization
Our IT team is organized as follows:
- Application Services - this team is responsible for the agency's application development and maintenance and includes requirements/business analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation services. This team also provides project management and data management services.
- Technical Services - this team is responsible for the agency's computing infrastructure and includes support services (desktop/server/network/core services), directory services, and architecture and engineering services.
- Web & New Media - this team is responsible for the agency's external website (www.azdhs.gov), internal intranet site, other websites, and manages all new media.
- Information Security - this team is responsible for ensuring that the agency's computing assets are secure and adhere to HIPAA standards.
- Woman, Infants, & Children (WIC) - this team is responsible for the IT components in support of the WIC program. In addition, they host and support WIC applications for the Navajo Nation, Guam, America Samoa, and the Northern Mariana islands.