Due to scheduled maintenance by the Arizona Department of Administration to the state datacenter, azdhs.gov and related services will be unavailable from 10:00 p.m. Friday, November 15, until 10:00 a.m. Saturday, November 16. Thank you for your patience.
Office of Newborn Screening
Healthcare Providers – Bloodspot Screening
Providers are responsible for timely collection of properly identified and acceptable newborn screening specimens, rapid transfer of specimens to the State Lab and follow-up on abnormal results.
- Description of the Disorders on the Screening Panel
- Effective 05/01/2013 – NEW Reference Ranges and Addition of Secondary Markers
- Effective 01/01/2013 – NEW Screening Report Design Highlighting Abnormal Results
- Bloodspot Specimen Screening Kit Order Form
- Instructions for Proper Specimen Collection
- Special Considerations Affecting Specimen Timing and Results
- Storage and Use of Residual Blood Specimen Policy
- Specimen Collection – Procedures
- Specimen Collection – Quality Samples
Note: Files are PDF format unless otherwise stated.