ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Office of Newborn Screening
Stay informed about newborn screening and AZEHDI and join our eCommunication list. To add yourself to this list please do the following:
- Visit the ADHS Communications sign up page
- Enter your email address and click "Continue"
- Click the box next to "Office of Newborn Screening" and/or AZEHDI:Early Hearing Detection and Intervention
- Feel free to choose additional topics you would like to receive info on from ADHS
Effective 12/15/14: The NBS lab mailer is changing! Please note NEW reference ranges as well as changes on primary and secondary markers for several disorders screened by tandem mass spectrometry.
The success of the Newborn Screening program depends on the coordinated efforts of many health professionals. Medical Home and/or other Healthcare Professionals are generally responsible for: ordering the screening tests for newborn infants in their care, informing parents about the screening tests, and collection and handling of newborn screening specimens. Practitioners, and/or their contracted laboratories, may collect and send specimens for testing. Practitioners, hospitals and laboratories work together to coordinate timely collection and rapid delivery of acceptable newborn screening specimens to the Arizona Public Health Laboratory (State Lab).
Providers are responsible for timely collection of properly identified and acceptable newborn screening specimens, rapid transfer of specimens to the State Lab and follow-up on abnormal results.
Prior Reference Ranges No Longer In Effect
- Effective 05/01/2013 – NEW Reference Ranges and Addition of Secondary Markers
- Effective 01/01/2013 – NEW Screening Report Design Highlighting Abnormal Results
- Bloodspot Specimen Screening Kit Order Form
- Instructions for Proper Specimen Collection
- Special Considerations Affecting Specimen Timing and Results
- Storage and Use of Residual Blood Specimen Policy
- Specimen Collection – Procedures
- Specimen Collection – Quality Samples
Note: Files are PDF format unless otherwise stated.