Office of Newborn Screening
Stay informed about AzEHDI and join our email list. To add yourself to this list please do the following:
- Visit the ADHS Communications sign up page
- Enter your email address and click "Continue"
- Click the box next to "Newborn Screening: Early Hearing Detection and Intervention"
- Feel free to choose additional topics you would like to receive info on from ADHS
The success of the Newborn Screening program depends on the coordinated efforts of many health professionals. Medical Home and/or other Healthcare Professionals are generally responsible for: ordering the screening tests for newborn infants in their care, informing parents about the screening tests, and collection and handling of newborn screening specimens. Practitioners, and/or their contracted laboratories, may collect and send specimens for testing. Practitioners, hospitals and laboratories work together to coordinate timely collection and rapid delivery of acceptable newborn screening specimens to the Arizona Public Health Laboratory (State Lab).
Emergency Planning with Patients
- Healthcare Provider Emergency Preparedness Practices Survey
We want to support you in your efforts to help families of children with genetic disorders or other special healthcare needs to be prepared for a natural disaster or other emergency. Please take a few minutes to help us understand what you are doing in your practice now related to emergency preparedness for these children. Based on this survey, we will be developing materials to help you assist your patients and their families in the future.
- Preparedness Checklist for Pediatric Practices
Note: Files are PDF format unless otherwise stated.