Office of Newborn Screening
Additional Resources – Arizona Resources
Stay informed about AzEHDI and join our email list. To add yourself to this list please do the following:
- Visit the ADHS Communications sign up page
- Enter your email address and click "Continue"
- Click the box next to "Newborn Screening: Early Hearing Detection and Intervention"
- Feel free to choose additional topics you would like to receive info on from ADHS
This index provides a listing of available resources related to newborn screening including guidelines, brochures and forms, process documents, and FAQs. The Arizona listing contains family centered resources, non-profits agencies serving infants with metabolic and genetic disorders, those who are deaf or hard of hearing, as well as intergovernmental agencies serving the special needs of families.
- Newborn Screening and Genetics
- Disorder Information
- Disorder Support Groups
- Newborn Screening Advocates
- Arizona Resources
- Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
Arizona's Medicaid agency that provides health care to Arizonans that meet income and other eligibility requirements.
- Children's Rehabilitative Services (CRS)
CRS provides medical treatment, rehabilitation and related support services for children under age 21 with qualifying chronic and disabling conditions.
- Arizona Early Intervention Program AzEIP)
A statewide system of support and services for families of children, birth to 3, with disabilities or developmental delays.
- Quest to Cure
A parent support and advocacy group based in Phoenix, AZ for children with sickle cell disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Arizona Chapter
- Phoenix Children's Hospital, Pulmonology
An accredited CF care center.
- Arizona Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
A statewide information referral center for issues related to people with hearing loss.
- The EAR Foundation of Arizona
A non-profit association that provides information and resources to people who are hearing impaired.
- HEAR for Kids
A program of the EAR Foundation of Arizona for children 0-18 years of age that provides loaner hearing aids and permanent hearing aids if the family doesn't have insurance and meets financial criteria.
- Hands & Voices, Arizona chapter
A support organization for families of children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Raising Special Kids Arizona
A non-profit organization of families helping families of children with disabilities and special health needs (602-242-4366 or 800-237-3007).
- Pilot Parents of Southern Arizona
A parent training and information center for families of children with disabilities in Cochise, Gila, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Pima, Pinal, Santa Cruz and Yuma counties.
- The Emily Center at Phoenix Children's Hospital
The largest pediatric consumer health library in the Southwest located at Phoenix Children's Hospital, 1919 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ (602) 546-1400.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Arizona Chapter