Office of Newborn Screening
Stay informed about newborn screening and AZEHDI and join our eCommunication list. To add yourself to this list please do the following:
- Visit the ADHS Communications sign up page
- Enter your email address and click "Continue"
- Click the box next to "Office of Newborn Screening" and/or AZEHDI:Early Hearing Detection and Intervention
- Feel free to choose additional topics you would like to receive info on from ADHS
Effective 12/15/14: The NBS lab mailer is changing! Please note NEW reference ranges as well as changes on primary and secondary markers for several disorders screened by tandem mass spectrometry.
Newborn Screening Advocates
- Save Babies Through Screening Foundation, Inc. (SBTS)
A national non-profit organization devoted exclusively to the advocacy of newborn screening.
- March of Dimes (MOD)
A non-profit organization advocating pregnancy and baby health (preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality) and universal newborn screening.
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
The professional organization for pediatricians and pediatric medical sub-specialists that publishes Newborn Screening Information and Fact Sheets. AAP has an Arizona chapter and provides Healthy Children, a website for parents.
- Arizona Hands and Voices
Hands and Voices is a non-profit parent to apparent support group dedicated to helping families navigate the EHDI system of care.
- CARES Foundation
An advocacy group serving families of babies identified with Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia supporting universal newborn screening guidelines.