Office of Newborn Screening
Transit Time Project
- Congratulations to the Arizona Hospitals and their achievement of the transit time goal.
The Newborn Screening Program provides Arizona birth hospitals the opportunity to request a site visit to review and discuss transit time protocols. Once the taskforce receives the request, the hospital will be contacted to arrange a site visit.
Site visit topics may include:
- Bloodspot Specimen Collection-Technique and Timing
- Bloodspot Specimen Handling
- Bloodspot Specimen Transport and Shipping
- Maximizing the Availability of Courier Services
- Newborn Screening Website-Transit Time Project
- Interpreting Monthly Performance Reports