Office of Newborn Screening
Transit Time Project
Congratulations to the Arizona Hospitals and their achievement of the transit time goal.
The Newborn Screening Program provides Arizona birth hospitals the opportunity to request a site visit to review and discuss transit time protocols. Once the taskforce receives the request, the hospital will be contacted to arrange a site visit.
Site visit topics may include:
- Bloodspot Specimen Collection-Technique and Timing
- Bloodspot Specimen Handling
- Bloodspot Specimen Transport and Shipping
- Maximizing the Availability of Courier Services
- Newborn Screening Website-Transit Time Project
- Interpreting Monthly Performance Reports