Environmental Laboratory Licensure
Environmental Laboratory Advisory Committee (ELAC)
- Check out our Ebola Virus Disease page which addresses a number of commonly asked questions related to sample collection and submission.
- CLIA Certification Certificates are now available.
- What is a public health laboratory? Watch this animated video to learn how public health laboratories protect the public against diseases and other health hazards.
The Environmental Laboratory Advisory Committee (ELAC) was established per Arizona Revised Statute 36-495.16. The Advisory Committee is established consisting of members selected by the director. The director selects members who represent environmental laboratories, organizations and community. The committee advises the director regarding the adoption of rules and makes recommendations regarding interpretive guidelines necessary to properly administer the provisions of the statutes and rules.
The committee meets quarterly to discuss rules and other technical issues affecting the licensed laboratories and various regulatory agencies. Meetings are held at the Arizona Department of Health Services State Health Laboratory. The laboratory is located at 250 N. 17th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85007.
The next ELAC meeting will be on Thursday September 17, 2015. Meetings typically last for two hours. Dates and times are subject to change. The general public is welcome to attend the meetings free of charge.
Please call (602) 364-0720 for details.
The committee follows the ELAC Bylaws and members consist of laboratories from the community.
Note: To automatically receive future meeting updates by email, sign up for our mailing list:
- Visit our social media page, choose "email" and click the link. Enter your email address and choose "Environmental Laboratory Advisory Committee Updates."
Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- December 4, 2014 Agenda | Minutes
- September 11, 2014, Agenda | Minutes
- June 12, 2014, Agenda | Minutes
- March 13, 2014, Agenda | Minutes
- December 12, 2013, Agenda | Minutes
- September 19, 2013, Agenda | Minutes
- June 20, 2013, Agenda | Minutes
- March 21, 2013, Agenda | Minutes
- December 6, 2012, Agenda | Minutes
- September 5, 2012, Agenda | Minutes
- June 7, 2012, Agenda | Minutes
- March 8, 2012, Agenda | Minutes
Note: All files are in PDF format.