Due to scheduled maintenance at the state datacenter, all ADHS online services will be unavailable from 10:30pm Saturday, January 18th, until 6:30am Sunday, January 19th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
ADHS Calibration Training
What is a public health laboratory? Watch this animated video to learn how public health laboratories protect the public against diseases and other health hazards.
The Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on this page. The Calibration videos are intended to be used as a tool to assist laboratories in providing training to staff. It was not the intent of ADHS to cover all possible calibration types or equations in these videos. Reference in these videos to any specific commercial products, process, service, manufacturer, or company does not constitute its endorsement or recommendation by the ADHS. ADHS has attempted to cite sources believed to be reliable, but is not responsible for the contents of any "off-site" web page referenced.
Although the presentations are generally structured and organized to be viewed as numbered, you may select and play any presentation as you desire. Please be aware that some presentations contain content references which assume the presentations have been viewed in order as numbered.
The Calibration Spreadsheet is associated with the following training documents and is meant to be used as a tool to assist laboratories.
Part 1: Calibration Models
- Lesson 1: Calibration Models Introduction | Video
- Lesson 2: Arizona Laboratory Licensure Regulations | Video
- Lesson 3: External Standard Calibration | Video
- Lesson 4: Internal Standard Calibration | Video
- Lesson 5: Power or Exponential Calibration | Video
- Lesson 6: Point to Point Calibration | Video
- Lesson 7: Calibration or Response Factor Calibration | Video
- Lesson 8: Linear Least Square Regression Calibration | Video
- Lesson 9: Linear Forced Through Zero Calibration | Video
- Lesson 10: Method of Standard Addition Calibration | Video
- Lesson 11: Weighted Least Squares Regression Calibration | Video
- Lesson 12: Quadratic Least Squares Regression Calibration | Video
Part 2: Compromisers
- Lesson 21: Calibration Compromisers Introduction | Video
- Lesson 22: Avoiding Maintenance Impact on Calibration | Video
- Lesson 23: Inconsistent Response Impact on Calibration | Video
- Lesson 24: Detector Saturation Impact on Calibration | Video
- Lesson 25: Lack of Detector Sensitivity Impact on Calibration | Video
- Lesson 26: Inappropriate Curve Extension | Video
- Lesson 27: Dropping Midpoint Calibration Standards | Video
- Lesson 28: Model Not Reflecting the Calibration Data Set | Video
Note: All files are PDF format unless otherwise stated.
Acknowledgment: The Arizona Department of Health Services would like to thank Dale Rushneck of Interface, Inc. for his assistance in reviewing and commenting on the contents of various sections of this Calibration training. His comments and insights into calibration algorithms were greatly appreciated by the ADHS Calibration committee.