Public Health Microbiology
- Check out our Ebola Virus Disease page which addresses a number of commonly asked questions related to sample collection and submission.
- CLIA Certification Certificates are now available.
- What is a public health laboratory? Watch this animated video to learn how public health laboratories protect the public against diseases and other health hazards.
The Arizona State Public Health Laboratory (ASPHL) provides diagnostic and reference services for the isolation and identification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis (MTB) and non-Tubercular Mycobacteria (NTM). Testing is provided following criteria listed in the National TB Program Objectives for 2015.
For up to date information on specimen collection, shipment, reporting of results and other services provided by ASPHL, visit the Guide to Laboratory Services, updated on a yearly basis. Much of the information pertinent to TB can be found in the Guide to Laboratory Services can be found following the links below (PDF).
If you are looking for test results or procedures for required reporting, contact the Tuberculosis Control Program: (602) 364-0715
- Specimen Collection and Shipment Guide
- Microbiology Submission Form
- Request for Shipping Materials Form
- Reporting and Interpretation of Results Guide
Updates are uploaded as soon as new guidelines come available through the Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL).
Education and Training