ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Arizona Medical Marijuana Program
- Arizona Medical Marijuana End of Year Report 2014
- The Arizona Department of Health Services will accept Dispensary Registration Certificate applications in late 2015. There will be more information forthcoming regarding which, and the number of, CHAAs that will be available.
Use the links below to find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the Arizona Medical Marijuana Program. This is a developing program, so there may be things referenced in the FAQs that are not available yet. We suggest you bookmark this site and check back periodically to find the information you need.
Note: The information provided here is intended to provide general guidance and is just a supplement to the final rules and existing Arizona statutes governing the Arizona Medical Marijuana Program. For specific sections of the rules and statutes that pertain to these FAQs, search our Rules & Statutes section.
- Show All
- Hide All
- Print All
Click on a question below to see the answer.
CU01: Who can cultivate marijuana?
A dispensary may cultivate marijuana at the dispensary or at a cultivation site. The location of the dispensary and the cultivation site needs to be in compliance with local zoning restrictions. Anyone who cultivates medical marijuana must do so in an enclosed, locked area.
CU02: Does a qualifying patient or designated caregiver authorized to grow have to follow the same requirements as a dispensary to cultivate marijuana?
CU03: Will the Department be inspecting the homes of qualifying patients or designated caregivers authorized to grow marijuana?
CU04: Can a qualifying patient or designated caregiver authorized to grow medical marijuana use the same enclosed, locked facility used by another qualifying patient or designated caregiver also authorized to grow medical marijuana? Would these facilities be subject to inspection?
CU05: Can cultivation be done in a greenhouse?
CU06: Can I set up a cultivation facility without being a dispensary?
CU07: How much will it cost to apply for a registry identification card or a dispensary registration certificate?
- $150 for an initial or a renewal registry identification card for a qualifying patient. Some qualifying patients may be eligible to pay $75 for initial and renewal cards if they currently participate in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- $200 for an initial or a renewal registry identification card for a designated caregiver. A caregiver must apply for a new card for every patient under their care (up to five patients).
- $500 for an initial or a renewal registry identification card for a dispensary agent.
- $5,000 for an initial dispensary registration certificate.
- $1,000 for a renewal dispensary registration certificate.
- $2,500 to change the location of a dispensary or cultivation facility.
- $10 to amend, change, or replace a registry identification card.
CU08: Where do I find seeds or plants to grow until the dispensaries open?
CU09: I would like to provide growing equipment to qualifying patients or designated caregivers who are authorized to grow medical marijuana. How can I get a list of qualifying patients and designated caregivers?
information received and records kept by the department for the purposes of administering the Act, including "
the individual names and other information identifying persons to whom the Department has issued registry identification cards," are confidential.