Office of Administrative Counsel & Rules
Rulemakings in Progress
The rulemakings described below are in progress. See Completed Rulemakings for rulemakings that have been finished.
Hospital Assessment Rulemaking (Exempt)
Laws 2013, Ch. 10, § 5, adds A.R.S. § 36-2901.08, which requires an "assessment on hospital revenues, discharges or bed days for the purpose of funding the nonfederal share of the costs" for persons eligible for medical assistance under 42 U.S.C. § 1396a(a)(10)(A)(i)(viii).
- A.R.S. § 36-2901.08(G) requires a hospital to submit to the Department "an attestation that it has not passed on the cost of the assessment to patients" as part of its financial statement submission required under A.R.S. § 36-125.04. The rules in Arizona Administrative Code (A.A.C.) Title 9, Chapter 11, Article 2, implement A.R.S. § 36-125.04 by providing requirements for hospitals to follow when submitting annual financial statements to the Department. The Department has revised the rules in 9 A.A.C. 11, Article 2, to comply with A.R.S. § 36-2901.08(G), as added by Laws 2013, Ch. 10, § 5.
- A.R.S. § 36-2901.08(H) requires the Department to suspend or revoke the health care institution license of a hospital that does not comply with the statute, upon notification from the director of the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System. The rules that specify the Department's enforcement actions for health care institutions are adopted in 9 A.A.C. 10, Article 1. The Department has revised the rules in 9 A.A.C. 10, Article 1, to comply with A.R.S. § 36-2901.08(H), as added by Laws 2013, Ch. 10, § 5.
- Notice of Exempt Rulemaking for 9 A.A.C. 11, Article 2 - 20 A.A.R. 99
- Draft Rules for 9 A.A.C. 11, Article 2, November 2013
- Notice of Public Information 19 A.A.R. 3585
- Notice of Exempt Rulemaking for 9 A.A.C. 10, Article 1 - 20 A.A.R. 97
- Draft Rules for 9 A.A.C. 10, Article 1, November 2013
- Notice of Public Information 19 A.A.R. 3584
Note: Information provided in PDF files.