Due to technical difficulties, all Medical Marijuana online applications will be unavailable until 8AM, Tuesday, March 11th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Office of Administrative Counsel & Rules
Rulemakings in Progress
The rulemakings described below are in progress. See Completed Rulemakings for rulemakings that have been finished.
Emergency Medical Services Phase 2 Rulemaking (Exempt)
The statutes in Arizona Revised Statutes (A.R.S.) Title 36, Chapter 21.1, govern emergency medical services. The Department uses the authority granted by these statutes to make the rules in Arizona Administrative Code (A.A.C.) Title 9, Chapter 25. Laws 2012, Chapter 94 made many changes to the statutes in A.R.S. Title 36, Chapter 21.1, which require the Department to amend 9 A.A.C. 25. To facilitate these changes, Laws 2012, Chapter 94, § 29, gives the Department exempt rulemaking authority until December 31, 2013 to implement the changes made to statutes. Due to the extent of changes that need to be made, the Department conducted this exempt rulemaking in phases.
In Phase 1 of the rulemaking the Department focused on making changes that most affect individuals who are currently certified by the Department and their employers. The Department established in rule: the scope of practice, training requirements, and recertification requirements for each level of emergency medical care technician.
In this phase of the rulemaking, all other changes required by Laws 2012, Chapter 94 are being made, along with other changes to clarify, simplify, and update the rules. The Department drafted amendments to Articles 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 12; selected rules in Articles 7, 8, 9, and 10; and highlighted portions of Exhibits A and B (Ambulance Revenue and Cost Reports (ARCRs)). These drafts were provided for public comment through online surveys. Based on the comments received, the Department revised the draft rules, developed a Notice of Exempt Rulemaking that included the revised rules, and submitted the Notice to the Office of the Secretary of State for publication in the Arizona Administrative Register. The effective date of the new rules is December 1, 2013.
- New EMS Rules (Publication in the A.A.C. is pending.)
- Notice of Exempt Rulemaking 19 A.A.R. 4032
- Notice of Public Information 19 A.A.R. 2861
- Draft Rules Article 1 - September, 2013
- Draft Rules Article 2 - September, 2013
- Draft Rules Article 3 - September, 2013
- Draft Rules Article 4 - September, 2013
- Draft Rules Article 5 - September, 2013
- Draft Rules Articles 7-10 - September, 2013
- Draft ARCRs (Exhibits A and B) - September, 2013
- Draft Rules Article 12 - September, 2013
- Summary of Changes to EMS Rules
- EMS Phase 1 Rulemaking
- Laws 2012, Chapter 94
- A.R.S. Title 36, Public Health and Safety
- A.A.C. Title 9, Chapter 25
Note: Information provided in PDF files.