Due to scheduled maintenance by the Arizona Department of Administration to the state datacenter, azdhs.gov and related services will be unavailable from 10:00 p.m. Friday, November 15, until 10:00 a.m. Saturday, November 16. Thank you for your patience.
Office of Administrative Counsel & Rules
Rulemakings in Progress
The rulemakings described below are in progress. See Completed Rulemakings for rulemakings that have been finished.
Licensing of Hearing Aid Dispensers, Audiologists, Speech-Language Pathologists, and Speech-Language Pathologist Assistants Rulemaking (Exempt)
On April 3, 2013, Governor Brewer signed HB1102 (Laws 2013, Chapter 33), requiring the Department to adopt rules to reduce the regulatory burden on hearing aid dispensers, audiologists, speech-language pathologists, and speech-language pathologist assistants. The law also requires the Department to prescribe an examination developed by a national professional organization of hearing aid dispensers that is consistent with the requirements in Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-1924. The Department is planning to revise the rules in Arizona Administrative Code Title 9, Chapter 16, Articles 2, 3, and 5 to comply with the requirements in Laws 2013, Chapter 33.
Stakeholder Workgroup Meetings
- Article 2. Licensing Audiologist and Speech-Language Pathologists
- December 3, 2013, Audiologists
- November 19, 2013, Speech-language Pathologists
- November 5, 2013, Audiologists and Speech-language Pathologists
- Meeting notes for Article 2 (Not yet available)
- Article 3. Licensing Hearing Aid Dispensers
- February 5, 2014, Hearing Aid Dispensers
- January 14, 2014, Hearing Aid Dispensers
- Meeting notes for Article 3 (Not yet available)
- Notice of Public Information Pending
- Draft Rules Article 2 – October 2013 | Online Survey (Open until 01/03/14)
- 9 A.A.C. 16, Articles 2, 3, and 5
- Laws 2013, Chapter 33
- Executive Order 2012-03
- Office of Special Licensing
Note: Information provided in PDF files.