Office of Administrative Counsel & Rules
Rulemakings in Progress
The rulemakings described below are in progress. See Completed Rulemakings for rulemakings that have been finished.
Licensing of Hearing Aid Dispensers, Audiologists, Speech-Language Pathologists, and Speech-Language Pathologist Assistants Rulemaking (Exempt)
On April 3, 2013, Governor Brewer signed HB1102 (Laws 2013, Chapter 33), which provided exempt rulemaking authority until July 1, 2014. Laws 2013, Chapter 33 required the Department to adopt rules to reduce the regulatory burden on hearing aid dispensers, audiologists, speech-language pathologists, and speech-language pathologist assistants, and required the Department to prescribe an examination developed by a national professional organization of hearing aid dispensers that is consistent with the requirements in Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-1924.
The Department has amended the rules and has filed a Notice of Exempt Rulemaking for the licensing of Hearing Aid Dispensers, Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists and Speech-Language Pathologist Assistants, effective July 1, 2014.
- New Rules for Article 2: Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists
- New Rules for Article 3: Hearing Aid Dispensers
- New Rules for Article 5: Speech-Language Pathologist Assistants
- Notice of Exempt Rulemaking 20 A.A.R. 1998
- Draft Rules Article 2 - May 2014
- Draft Rules Article 3 - May 2014
- Draft Rules Article 5 - May 2014
- Notice of Public Information 20 A.A.R. 1045
- Draft Rules Article 5 - February 2014
- Draft Rules Article 3 - December 2013
- Draft Rules Article 2 - October 2013
- 9 A.A.C. 16, Articles 2, 3, and 5
- Laws 2013, Chapter 33
- Executive Order 2012-03
- Office of Special Licensing
Note: Information provided in PDF files.