Office of Administrative Counsel & Rules
Rulemakings in Progress
- New Direct Access Testing rules are effective as of November 24, 2015.
- New EMS Naloxone rules are effective as of November 24, 2015.
- Notice of Emergency Rulemaking for Abortion Reporting, effective August 14, 2015.
The rulemakings described below are in progress. See Completed Rulemakings for rulemakings that have been finished.
Newborn Screening Rulemaking
On May 7, 2012, Governor Brewer signed SB 1528 (Laws 2012, Ch. 299), which removes the fee cap for a second newborn screening specimen. The Department is planning to revise the rules in Arizona Administrative Code (A.A.C.) Title 9, Chapter 13, Article 2 to establish a new second fee and make other changes that would reduce the burden on stakeholders. The Department has received an exception from the Governor's rulemaking moratorium, established by Executive Order 2012-03, to conduct this rulemaking.
During the rulemaking, the Department solicited input from stakeholders, held an Oral Proceeding on February 12, 2014, and submitted a Notice of Final Rulemaking to the Governor's Regulatory Review Council (Council) on February 14, 2014. The Council approved the Notice of Final Rulemaking at the Council meeting on April 1, 2014 with an immediate effective date. The Department has filed the rulemaking with the Office of the Secretary of State. The new rules are effective April 1, 2014.
- Notice of Final Rulemaking 20 A.A.R. 953
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 20 A.A.R. 64
- Working Group Meeting Notes
- Draft Rules - August 2013
- Notice of Rulemaking Docket Opening 19 A.A.R. 154
Note: Information provided in PDF files.
***This webpage and the material contained herein are provided as a public service for informational purposes only. It should not be considered legal advice or opinion; and, unless expressly noted, does not reflect official ADHS policy.