Due to scheduled maintenance at the state datacenter, all ADHS online services will be unavailable from 10:30pm Saturday, January 18th, until 6:30am Sunday, January 19th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Office of Administrative Counsel & Rules
Recently Completed Rulemaking
Child Care Facilities and Child Care Group Homes Rulemaking (Exempt)
The Department is amending the rules for Child Care Facilities and Child Care Group Homes to comply with the requirements in Laws 2012, Ch. 188 (SB 1136) and Laws 2013, Ch. 151 (HB 2529). Laws 2012, Ch. 188 and Laws 2013, Ch. 151 require:
- The Department of Economic Security (DES) to conduct central registry background checks for individuals who provide direct services to children or vulnerable adults;
- Child care licensees to submit to DES information necessary to conduct central registry background checks on individuals who provide direct services to children, beginning August 1, 2013;
- The Department to establish in rule requirements for child care licensees to obtain central registry background checks and maintain related documentation; and
- Beginning August 1, 2013, the Department to verify whether child care licensees have complied with the statutory requirements and related rules adopted by the Department.
The Department has exempt rulemaking authority under Laws 2012, Ch. 188 § 9, until August 1, 2013, for this rulemaking.
- Notice of Exempt Rulemaking 19 A.A.R. 2607 & 2612
- Draft Rules for Child Care Group Homes
- Draft Rules for Child Care Facilities
- Notice of Public Information, 9 A.A.C. 3 Child Care Group Homes 19 A.A.R. 1841
- Notice of Public Information, 9 A.A.C. 5 Child Care Facilities 19 A.A.R. 1840
- Laws 2013, Ch. 151
- Laws 2012, Ch. 188
- 9 A.A.C. 5, Child Care Facilities
- 9 A.A.C. 3, Child Care Group Homes
Note: Information provided in PDF files.