Due to scheduled maintenance at the state datacenter, all ADHS online services will be unavailable from 10:30pm Saturday, January 18th, until 6:30am Sunday, January 19th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Office of Administrative Counsel & Rules
Recently Completed Rulemaking
Group Homes for Individuals Who Are Developmentally Disabled Licensing Rulemaking
The Department has requested and received an exception from the Governor's rulemaking moratorium to amend the rules in Arizona Administrative Code (A.A.C.) Title 9, Chapter 33 for group homes for individuals who are developmentally disabled (DD group homes). The Department currently licenses DD group homes under Arizona Revised Statutes (A.R.S.) § 36-132(A)(21) and regulates the health and safety of the facilities. The Arizona Department of Economic Security, Division of Developmental Disabilities has the authority under A.R.S. Title 36, Chapter 5.1, Article 3 to license the DD group homes, based on the activities and standards of care provided at the DD group home, and to place developmentally disabled adults and children into DD group homes providing the appropriate level of care.
The purpose of this page is to provide information about the DD group home rulemaking. In this rulemaking, the Department is:
- Removing outdated or overly burdensome requirements to lessen the regulatory burden for stakeholders and reduce costs;
- Clarifying current requirements to make it easier for licensees to comply with the requirements, and
- Retaining requirements that help maintain the health and safety of individuals who are developmentally disabled in DD group homes.
- Notice of Final Rulemaking 18 A.A.R. 3295
- Draft Rules - May, 2012
- Draft Rules - February, 2012
- Draft Rules - December, 2011
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 18 A.A.R. 1524
- Notice of Rulemaking Docket Opening 17 A.A.R. 2165
Note: Information provided in PDF files.