Due to technical difficulties, all Medical Marijuana online applications will be unavailable until 8AM, Tuesday, March 11th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Office of Administrative Counsel & Rules
Recently Completed Rulemaking
Midwifery Licensing Rulemaking (Exempt)
On March 27, 2012, Governor Brewer signed HB2247 (Laws 2012, Chapter 93), requiring the Department to consider adopting rules regarding midwifery to reduce the regulatory burden on midwives, streamline the regulation process, revise the midwifery scope of practice, and, if available, adopt national licensure testing standards.
Additional provisions include requiring a party who is interested in increasing the scope of practice of midwifery, to submit a report to the Director and, upon receiving a report, requiring the Director to appoint a midwifery scope of practice advisory committee to assist the Director in adopting and amending rules related to midwifery scope of practice. Laws 2012, Chapter 93 exempts the Department from rulemaking requirements prescribed in statute until July 1, 2013, but requires the Department to provide public notice and an opportunity for public comment.
The Department received two reports requesting an increase in the scope of practice of midwifery. In compliance with Laws 2012, Chapter 93, the Director has appointed a Scope of Practice Advisory Committee, and the reports are posted and available at Scope of Practice Advisory Committee.
- New Midwifery Rules (Publication in the A.A.C. is pending.)
- Notice of Exempt Rulemaking 19 A.A.R. 1805
- Draft Rules - May 24th, 2013 | Comments in Response to Draft
- Notice of Public Information 19 A.A.R. 994
- Draft Rules - May 8th, 2013 | Comments in Response to Draft
- Draft Rules - March, 2013 | Comments in Response to Draft
- Draft Rules - February, 2013 | Comments in Response to Draft
- Draft Scope of Practice Rules - January 8, 2013 | Comments in Response to Draft
- Draft Rules - December 12, 2012 | Comments in Response to Draft
Note: Information provided in PDF files.