Arizona State Immunization Information System (ASIIS)
Through the use of the ASIIS application or any of the registry's electronic tools and features, a provider can find a comprehensive way to manage immunization data: For example, it allows:
- Access to consolidated immunizations records for children.
- Forecasting of immunization doses needed by an individual, based on the CDC approved schedule as indicated by the Arizona Recommended Childhood Immunization Schedule.
- Production of an official Immunization Record for patients to be used by schools or daycare centers.
- Inventory tracking and management of vaccine supplies.
- Generation of immunization reports such as the Vaccines For Children (VFC) report and a list of children who need to be reminded or recalled.
- Clinic assessment through Clinic Assessment Software Application (CASA).
- Ability to interface with various patient management or billing systems.
- Introduction of new vaccines or changes in the vaccine schedule. Generation of coverage reports for managed care (e.g., HEDIS) and other organizations.
- Protection from childhood diseases.
- Reduction in duplicate/unnecessary immunizations.
- Increased chance of a Healthy lifestyle for children.
- Access to one consolidated record of all immunizations a child has received.
- Creation of an accurate, official copy of a child's immunization history for personal use, day care, school, or camp entry requirements.
- Confirmation when a child's immunizations is up to date.
- Creation of reminder notices when an immunization is due.
- Creation of recall notices when immunizations have been missed.
- Timely immunization for children whose families move or switch health-care providers.
It benefits the community by
- Helping to reduce the risk of vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Helping to identify high-risk and under-immunized populations.
- Helping to prevent disease outbreaks.
- Providing a link (where supported by legislation) with other health databases.
- Providing information on community and state coverage rates.
- Streamlining vaccine management.
- Facilitating schools' efforts to assess student compliance with immunization requirements.