- Arizona moves up 8 spots, now ranked 16th, in the US for Hospital Breastfeeding Practices!
- The Baby Steps online training course is now available.
- Is your childcare center breastfeeding friendly? Learn about the qualifications and complete our self-assessment.
The following is a list of local and national breastfeeding resources and publications:
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine (ABM) is a physician breastfeeding organization dedicated to the promotion, protection, and support of breastfeeding and human lactation
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Breastfeeding Initiatives with information for families about AAP breastfeeding recommendations, advocacy materials, and resources for health professionals who want to learn more about the importance of their role in supporting breastfeeding families
- Arizona 24-hour breastfeeding hotline for breastfeeding questions: 1-800-833-4642
- Arizona WIC for nutrition education and breastfeeding support
- Arizona Breastfeeding Coalition (ABC) community breastfeeding coalition
- CDC Breastfeeding Resources and Publications
- International Lactation Consultant Association (ILCA) is the professional association for International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLCs) and other health care professionals who care for breastfeeding families
- International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE) provides information about how to become an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
- La Leche League of Arizona for free mother-to-mother breastfeeding support
- United States Breastfeeding Committee (USBC) is a national coalition that support its mission to improve the Nation's health by working collaboratively to protect, promote, and support breastfeeding
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Breastfeeding Promotion Consortium (BPC) works collaboratively among government and private organizations to promote breastfeeding as the optimal form of infant nutrition
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program breastfeeding promotion and support initiatives
- US Dept of Labor - Breaktime Requirement for Nursing Mothers | Fact Sheet
- World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system and provides information on world-wide nutrition related topics and breastfeeding