Breastfeeding-Friendly Child Care Centers and Homes
- Arizona moves up 8 spots, now ranked 16th, in the US for Hospital Breastfeeding Practices!
- The Baby Steps online training course is now available.
- Is your childcare center breastfeeding friendly? Learn about the qualifications and complete our self-assessment.
Breastfeeding-Friendly Childcare Centers recognize the importance of breastfeeding for child growth and development, and also reinforce Mom's efforts to provide her milk for her baby when they are apart.
A center that is Breastfeeding-Friendly:
- Provides an atmosphere that welcomes breastfeeding families
- Helps mothers continue to breastfeed when they return to work or school
- Makes breastfeeding resources available to parents
- Feeds infants on demand and coordinates feeding times with parent schedules
- Trains staff, so they are able to support breastfeeding parents
- Has a written breastfeeding policy
If your center is Breastfeeding-Friendly:
Please send the completed self-assessment, as well as a copy of your breastfeeding policy, to our Breastfeeding Program Manager.