Due to scheduled maintenance at the state datacenter, all ADHS online services will be unavailable from 10:30pm Saturday, January 18th, until 6:30am Sunday, January 19th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Breastfeeding-Friendly Child Care Centers and Homes
Breastfeeding-Friendly Child Care Centers and Homes Initiative recognizes the importance of breastfeeding for child growth and development, and also reinforces Mom's efforts to provide her milk for her baby when they are apart.
A center that is Breastfeeding-Friendly:
- Provides an atmosphere that welcomes breastfeeding families
- Helps mothers continue to breastfeed when they return to work or school
- Makes breastfeeding resources available to parents
- Feeds infants on demand and coordinates feeding times with parent schedules
- Trains staff, so they are able to support breastfeeding parents
- Has a written breastfeeding policy
If your center is Breastfeeding-Friendly:
Please send the completed self-assessment, as well as a copy of your breastfeeding policy, to our Breastfeeding Program Manager.