Due to scheduled maintenance at the state datacenter, all ADHS online services will be unavailable from 10:30pm Saturday, January 18th, until 6:30am Sunday, January 19th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Cultural Competency Resources
Cultural Competency Standards
- National CLAS Standards - National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services in Health and Health Care
U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services
- Refugee Health Technical Assistance Center
- The Provider’s Guide to Quality and Culture
- Diversity RX
- National Center for Cultural Competence
- Becoming a Culturally Competent Health Care Organization
- What’s in a Word: A Guide to Understanding Interpreting and Translation in Health Care
- Beyond Translation: Best Practices for Healthcare Translation
- Ten Recommendations When Working With Medical Interpreters
- Tips and Strategies for Culturally Sensitive Care for Refugee Women
- Getting it Right: A Guide to Buying Translation and Interpreting Services
- Free Short Course on Immigrant and Refugee Health
From the University of Minnesota Medical School, targeted at students and health care providers.
- CLAS Webinar series
Incorporating Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) Standards into Our Continuum of Care
- Primer on Cultural Competency and Health Literacy
From the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, targeted at health professional educators.