ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Arizona Healthy Aging (A-HA)
Federal and State Agencies, along with foundations and non-profits, have begun to add a focus on maintaining health across the lifespan.
- An aging population in the U.S. presents a major public health challenge to increase the number of older adults who live healthy, vibrant, engaged and independent lives in the communities of their choice.
- The cost of providing healthcare services focused on illness, disease and disability is costly and may not be sustainable as the Boomer generation ages.
- There are a growing number of older adults living in Arizona requiring capacity in communities to support and sustain good health among aging residents.
The Arizona Department of Health Services has created key steps for action with the Healthy Aging Initiative that focus on three areas:
- Develop a focus on Evidence Based Programs in Physical Activity, Chronic Disease Self Management and Fall and Injury Prevention planning and program implementation in community settings
- Assess public health needs and capacity relevant to healthy aging in local communities
Science and Epidemiology:
- Collect, interpret, and disseminate data about the health of older adults relevant to program planning and evaluation
- Make data available to partners for planning, implementation and evaluation.
- The Healthy Aging Communication Network can contribute to the coordination of initiatives across networks.
- Establish collaborative relationships with public health and aging service networks and local agencies.
These areas of focus through the Healthy Aging Communication Network provide a framework for building healthy aging capacity in a purposeful and coordinated manner across Arizona.