ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Extreme Heat Related Maps
Check out the Trends in Morbidity and Mortality from Exposure to Excessive Natural Heat in Arizona, 2012 Report. The report contains the latest information on natural/environmental heat-related deaths and illnesses in Arizona.
The following maps reflect the ongoing work of the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) to visually represent the populations that may be most vulnerable to extreme heat events throughout the state. The selected indicators that are represented include: children under the age of five, elderly adults, elderly adults that live alone, and economically disadvantaged families and individuals. These social indicators have been selected after a thorough review of both public and academic reports that similarly try to visualize vulnerability to extreme heat events and heat-related illnesses in other parts of the country. We represent demographic data at both the county and census tract levels to demonstrate state-wide and more local patterns. Additionally, we have represented demographic data in absolute numbers as well as percentages of appropriate populations.
Social Vulnerability Indicators
County Level Maps
- Maps Reflecting Absolute Figures for County Populations
- Maps Reflecting Percentages of County Populations
Census Tract Level Maps
- Social Vulnerability Index Map and Methods
- Maps Reflecting Absolute Figures for Census Tract Populations
- Number of children under the age of five by census tract
- Number of elderly people 65 and older by census tract
- Number of people 65 and older who live alone by census tract
- Number of families that live below the poverty line by census tract
- Number of people that live below the poverty line by census tract
- Maps Reflecting Percentages of Census Tract Populations
- Percent of children under the age of five by census tract
- Percent of elderly people 65 and older by census tract
- Percent of people 65 and older who live alone by census tract
- Percent of families that live below the poverty line by census tract
- Percent of people that live below the poverty line by census tract
Note: Information provided in PDF files.