Due to scheduled maintenance at the state datacenter, all ADHS online services will be unavailable from 10:30pm Saturday, January 18th, until 6:30am Sunday, January 19th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Food Safety and Environmental Services
Safe Food Handling in Your Home
Be food safe this holiday season and keep yourself, your family and your friends healthy and happy. Check out this fact sheet for tips.
For tips on food handling and preparation in your home, check out the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) website at www.fsis.usda.gov. FSIS is responsible for ensuring that the Nation’s commercial supply of meat, poultry, and processed egg products is safe, wholesome, and correctly labeled and packaged. FSIS focuses on inspecting and protecting the U.S. food supply and educating consumers about safe food handling and reducing the risks of foodborne illness.
The FSIS website offers some of the following information and resources:
- Fact Sheets (including, but not limited to the following)
- Safe Food Handling
- At-Risk Populations
- Meat Preparation
- Poultry Preparation
- Egg Products Preparation
- Seasonal Food Safety
- Appliances and Thermometers
- Check Your Steps Food Safety Tips
- Current Recalls and Alerts
- USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline
- Problems with Food Products
- For Kids and Teens
- Internal Cooking Temperatures
- Common Questions About Food Safety from the USDA Meat & Poultry Hotline