Due to scheduled maintenance at the state datacenter, all ADHS online services will be unavailable from 10:30pm Saturday, January 18th, until 6:30am Sunday, January 19th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Arizona Sanitarians' Council
Registration by Examination
The sanitarian’s examination consists of a two-booklet examination containing 250 objective, multiple-choice questions developed by the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA). The examination covers the following subject matter:
- Air Quality and Noise
- Disaster Sanitation and Emergency Planning
- Food Protection
- General Environmental Health
- Hazardous Materials
- Institutions and Licensed Establishments
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Potable Water
- Radiation Protection
- Solid and Hazardous Waste
- Statutes, Regulations and Standards
- Swimming Pools and Recreational Facilities
- Vector, Pests and Poisonous Plants
A score of at least 70% (175 correct answers) is required to pass the examination.
If you have any questions regarding registration as a sanitarian in the State of Arizona, please contact us.