Arizona Sanitarians' Council
News for Registered Sanitarians
The following employment opportunities are currently available for Arizona Registered Sanitarians:
- Compliance Assistance Specialist (Job ID 10682 - closes August 11, 2014).
The Arizona Administrative Code defines continuing education as, a course, seminar, lecture, conference, work shop or programmed learning activity related to employment as a registered sanitarian. (R9-16-401.6)
There are several opportunities for Sanitarians registered in Arizona to complete the required 12 hours of continuing education during each annual renewal period.
- In-person training
- Educational Webinars/Virtual Training
- On-line Courses
- National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) Journal of Environmental Health (JEH) Quizzes
- NEHA Annual Educational Conference, July 7-10, 2014
- Infectious Disease Training & Exercise, July 22-24, 2014
- FDA Pacific Region Retail Food Seminar, September 9-11, 2014
- Arizona Registered Sanitarian Conference, November 5-6, 2014 (agenda not yet available)
Educational Webinars/Virtual Training
- Private Well Ownership Webinars
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists Webinars
- Council to Improve Foodborne Outbreak Response (CIFOR) Webinars
The following alphabetized list is a sample of approved on-line courses for registered sanitarian continuing education and will be updated as more are discovered.
- ATSDR Environmental Health Training
- CDC Environmental Health Services e-Learning
- CDC National Center for Environmental Health
- CDC Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Environmental Public Health On-Line Courses (EPHOC)
- FDA Training and Continuing Education
- FEMA Emergency Management Institute
- NEHA e-Learning
- NSPF Aquatic and Compliance Training Courses
- South Central Public Health Partnership
- University of Minnesota School of Public Health
- USDA Training Home Page
National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
NEHA Journal of Environmental Health Quizzes
The quizzes based upon articles from the National Environmental Health Association's Journal of Environmental Health are also approved. Each quiz is worth 1 contact hour. However, the maximum contact hours awarded for this activity per annual renewal period is 6, which is equivalent to the NEHA continuing education program policies.
There are no current legislative issues.