ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Arizona Sanitarians' Council
News for Registered Sanitarians
The following employment opportunities are currently available for Arizona Registered Sanitarians:
- Apache County - Environmental Health Coordinator (Job # 201501012) - Open until filled.
- Gila River Indian Community - Environmental Health Specialists (Job Number 15-250). Closing Date 01/23/2015.
- Arizona Department of Agriculture - Public Health Sanitarian II (Job Id 14392). Open until filled.
- Navajo County - Environmental Health Inspector
The Arizona Administrative Code defines continuing education as, a course, seminar, lecture, conference, work shop or programmed learning activity related to employment as a registered sanitarian. (R9-16-401.6)
There are several opportunities for Sanitarians registered in Arizona to complete the required 12 hours of continuing education during each annual renewal period.
- In-person training
- Educational Webinars/Virtual Training
- On-line Courses
- National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) Journal of Environmental Health (JEH) Quizzes
- FD215 Managing Food Safety, January 21-23, 2015, Phoenix | Agenda
- 2015 ACDEHSA Environmental Health Conference, February 4-5, 2015, Laughlin, NV | Agenda | Register Here
- AZEHA Annual Spring Conference, March 11-12, 2015, Phoenix. Agenda to be posted on AZEHA website.
- FD218 Risk Based Inspection Methods at Retail, April 14-15, 2015, Phoenix
- 2015 Infectious Disease Exercise & Training, July 21-23, 2015, Black Canyon Conference Center
- Conference for the Model Aquatic Health Code, October 6-7, 2015, Scottsdale
- National Swimming Pool Foundation Annual World Aquatic Health Conference, October 7-9, 2015, Scottsdale
Educational Webinars/Virtual Training
- Private Well Ownership Webinars
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists Webinars
- Council to Improve Foodborne Outbreak Response (CIFOR) Webinars
The following alphabetized list is a sample of approved on-line courses for registered sanitarian continuing education and will be updated as more are discovered.
- ATSDR Environmental Health Training
- CDC Environmental Health Services e-Learning
- CDC National Center for Environmental Health
- CDC Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Environmental Public Health On-Line Courses (EPHOC)
- FDA Training and Continuing Education
- FEMA Emergency Management Institute
- NEHA e-Learning
- NSPF Aquatic and Compliance Training Courses
- South Central Public Health Partnership
- University of Minnesota School of Public Health
- USDA Training Home Page
National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
NEHA Journal of Environmental Health Quizzes
The quizzes based upon articles from the National Environmental Health Association's Journal of Environmental Health are also approved. Each quiz is worth 1 contact hour. However, the maximum contact hours awarded for this activity per annual renewal period is 6, which is equivalent to the NEHA continuing education program policies.
There are no current legislative issues.