Education & Resources
Congratulations to Hana S. and the students of Civitan Media for winning 1st place in the Healthy Swimming Video Contest!
Health education is the process of using sound theories and consciously constructed opportunities to provide individuals and communities with the tools they need to develop behaviors conducive to the promotion of personal, environmental, and social health. Since environmental exposures contribute significantly to the development of various illnesses, health education is of vital importance to the growing American population.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The World Health Organization
- Recreational and Drinking Water Disease Prevention
- Recreational Water Illnesses (RWIs) & Diarrhea
- Kids - Heathy Swimming Questions
Note: Fact sheets provided as PDF files.